Anyway, here's an simple an easy fish dish... a starter or light lunch.
Sea bream & roast pepper bruschetta with rocket and fennel.
Ingredients (for 4):
4 sea bream fillets
2 - 3 red peppers
4 - 5 tomatoes
4 slices of good bread for grilling (e.g ciabatta, sourdough or something)
a clove of garlic
a small handful of basil or marjoram leaves
EV olive oil
juice of a lemon
a bag / couple of large handfuls rocket
a fennel bulb
- preheat oven to 180
- half your tomatoes and place in a baking dish / tray and sprinkle with olive oil, seasoning and perhaps some of the usual suspects: a few thyme leaves, bit of sliced garlic, few chilli flakes etc, roast in the oven for half an hour or so.
- meanwhile blacken your peppers under the grilled / on the gass flame, peel and put in a bowl with any juices, when cooled a bit add some olive oil, seasoning and a handful of basil or marjoram leaves. when your tomatoes are roasted, and have cooled a bit too, mix them in as well.
- prepare your salad by shaving the fennel very thinly (with a knive or - best option - on a mandolin) and mixing with some rocket, set aside.
- put a griddle pan and a large non-stick frying pan on medium high flames to heat up.
- now finely score the skin of the bream. season well and cook in little olive oil skin side down until crisp and fish is almost completely cooked through, before flipping over and turning the heat off.
- take 4 thick slices of bread and toast on the griddle pan until, errr, toasted and with nice char lines on (i tend to put something on top to weigh em down a bit), then rub each a couple of times with some cut raw garlic
- place a slice of toast on each plate, add some roast tomato and pepper mix, top with a fillet of bream then finish with the rocket an fennel salad (which you want to dress with little olive oil and lemon juice just before serving).
- Finish with a drizzle of your best olive oil.
Needless to say this would work with seabass, snapper or several other fishies. Best of all i recon would be to use red mullet - adding some sliced black olives to the roast pepper mix.