Sunday 8 August 2010

Yalla Yalla

Sometimes we have 'late' starts at work (get in for 1:30pm). Lunch first is therefore needed, but all I ever seem to find in my fridge nowadays is old bits of galangal or, if I'm lucky, a lump of hard cheddar.

So am always on the lookout for place to get good cheap, tasty and quick food along my Holborn-Soho-Picadilly cycle route. Yalla Yalla is a Lebanese 'street food' cafe hidden in Soho which I'd heard about, and fairly cheap too, so fits the bill. I went there for pre work feed last wk...

There's no surprises on the menu...
falafel, kibbeh, fattoush, grilled meats
etc. But the food was good, and not expensive. I had a roast aubergine baba ganoush thing, tabbouleh, pittas and lamb sausage stew. Plus some fresh juice. All was really nice except the tabbouleh (I know it's supposed to be mostly herbs but this one was made from 99% old n tough parsley & tasted like hedge trimmings drenched in lemon juice), but home made lamb sausages in nicely-sour fresh tomato stew, good breads & an excellent smoky aubergine goop more than made up for it.

They do takeaway too.

www.yalla-yalla.co.uk























No comments: