Monday 24 January 2011

Morito


Moro & Morito (this also happens to be the view from my front door).



Had lunch at Morito today. It's the Tapas bar version of Sam & Sam Clark's ever-popular restaurant Moro, which is next door.

I actually live opposite so have no excuse for not having been already. Plus I have previously spent a week in the kitchen at Moro and am already a fan of their food.

The legendary Fergus Henderson was just finishing his lunch at the bar as I sat down, always a good sign.

I had a spiced fish soup infused with Iranian dried limes (£4.50), and a plate of white beans, aioli and butifarra (a white Catalan pork sausage
(£5.50), plus some interesting breads and glass of really good pomegranate juice.

All delicious.

Morito
32 Exmouth Market, EC1R 4QL
(no bookings, walk-in only)

p.s for a more comprehensive review see here.

No comments: